Hospice of the Rapidan, a nonprofit community-based hospice in operation since 1983, is currently seeking a part time Medical Director to lead the staff of a progressive hospice organization. Hospice of the Rapidan’s corporate culture honors both our mission and the deep historic roots of our community, while focusing on growth and expansion of services to meet the current and future needs of our residents. Those plans include creating a new palliative care program and construction of a 10 bed residential hospice house.
Hospice of the Rapidan is located in an ideal rural community east of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the heart of Virginia’s wine and hunt country, yet only 75 miles from Washington, DC.
The physician candidate should have the following qualifications:
· Physician currently licensed (or eligible to apply for license) by the Virginia Board of Medicine to practice in Virginia and in good standing with the medical board.
· One (1) year’s experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
· Willing to participate in staff, volunteer and physician palliative care education.
· Credentialed or willing to become credentialed for full scope of practice at the two local hospitals.
· Possess training and experience in the psychological and medical needs of the terminally ill.
· Have passed a clear criminal check per The Commonwealth of Virginia Code 32.1-162.9:1
· Possess a valid driver’s license, automobile, automobile insurance, and a clear DMV check per Hospice of the Rapidan policies.
All inquires should be directed to Ann Frazier, HR Representative at Hospice of the Rapidan- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers Always Needed and Appreciated
Hospice of the Rapidan
Compassionate & Dignified End-of-Life Care