Hospice of the Rapidan, the leading hospice serving all of Culpeper, Fauquier, Madison, Orange and Rappahannock Counties, is launching a fundraising campaign to build Our House, the first and only residential hospice facility located in the area.
Specially designed to meet the needs of patients nearing the end of life, Our House will provide comprehensive, around-the-clock medical, physical, emotional,and spiritual care for patients and comprehensive support services for family members in a peaceful home-like setting.
While hospice cares for most patients in the comfort and familarity of their own home, sometimes this just is not feasible. Some hospice patients may live alone, have a frail caregiver, live in housing that cannot accommadate their escalating needs or need care which exceeds that which can resonably be provided in a private home. The dedicated team of physicians, nurses, social workers, spiritual advisors and volunteers at Our House will help these patients and their families manage the physical and emotional challenges associated with the final stages of terminal illness.
Services that will be available
- 24-hour-a-day care by our highly trained nurses, certified nurse assistants, social workers, chaplains and volunteers.
- Regular visits by our medical director.
- Medical equipment, medications and medical supplies.
- Flexible menu and meal schedule based on individual preference or dietary restrictions.
- Excellent care without a sterile, clinical atmosphere.
- Family counseling and support.
Please click here
for a detailed brochure on Our House.
If you would like more information on Our House
or you are interested in assisting in
the endeavor, please contact us at 540-825-4840